A literary analysis of a poem with explication and supported response. Sources are either literary criticism or on topics that relate to what is in the poem (psychology, sociology, science, plant science, geology, as appropriate for the selected poem).
Student Learning Outcomes:
- search for and retrieve relevant and current sources to meet the assignment's requirements
- conduct basic research using the “Search Everything” tool
- use advanced search strategies such as Boolean operators, exact phrases, faceting, subject headings, etc.
- critically examine sources for credibility and authority
- use the library's MLA citation style Quick Guide to format in-text citations and the works cited page